|Part Number||Max. Bore Diameter
|Max. Rotational Frequency
|Moment of |
|Max. Lateral Misalignment|
|Max. Axial |
＊1： Correction of rated torque due to load fluctuation is not required. For more detailed information, please refer to Selection Guidelines.
※ The shaft's slip torque may be smaller than the coupling's rated torque depending on the shaft bore. XHW-C＊2： These are values with max. bore diameter.
|Part Number||Standard Bore Diameter D1･D2|
● All products are provided with hex socket head cap screw.
● Recommended tolerance for shaft diameters is h6 and h7. (Recommended tolerance for shaft diameter φ35 only is -0.025 to +0.010.)
● Bore and keyway modifications are available on request. Please take advantage of our modification services.
Slip torqueAs in the table below, the clamping types XHW-C and XHW-C-L have different slip torque according to the bore diameter. Take care during selection.
|Outside Diameter||Bore Diameter (mm)|
StructureXHW-C Standard Type
XHW-C-L Long Type
Adapter + Clamping TypeXHW-AC XHW-AC
|Disk Fixing Bolts||SCM435
Ferrosoferric Oxide Film (Black)
|Hex Socket Head Cap Screw||SCM435
Ferrosoferric Oxide Film (Black)
- Recommended applicable motor
|High Torsional Stiffness||◎|
- This is a disk type flexible coupling.
- High-torque specification with rated torque 1.5 times higher than conventional products.
- This is the most appropriate for a servomotor with instantaneous max. torque of 350%.
- The stainless steel disk allows eccentricity, angular alignment, and end-play.
- Standardized XHW-AC adapter type that also supports 1/10 taper shafts of servomotors.
ApplicationActuator / Surface-mount machine / High precision XY stage / Index table
Precautions for UseIn case of mounting on D-cut shaft, be careful about the position of the D-cut surface of the shaft. ⇒Mounting and Maintenance
There are sizes where the hex socket head bolt exceeds the outer diameter of the coupling and the rotating diameter is larger than the outer diameter. Please be careful of the interference of coupling. Rotation Diameter
Selection Based on Shaft Diameter and Rated TorqueThe area bounded by the shaft diameter and rated torque indicates the selection size.
Selection ExampleIn case of selected parameters of shaft diameter of φ14 and load torque of 3 N•m, the selected size is XHW-27C.
Selection Based on the Rated Output of the ServomotorXHW-C supports the servomotor with instantaneous max. torque increased to 350% of the rated torque and the size can be more reduced than the size of conventional product XBW-C.
|Servomotor Type||Servomotor Specifications＊1||Selection Size|
|Mitsubishi Electric Corporation||YASKAWA Electric Corporation||SANYO DENKI Co., Ltd.||KEYENCE CORPORATION||Diameter of Motor Shaft
|Instantaneous Max. Torque
|750||16 - 19||2.4||8.4||XHW-39C||XBW-44C|
Eccentric Reaction Force
Thrust reaction force
Change in static torsional stiffness due to temperatureThis is a value under the condition where the static torsional stiffness at 20°C is 100%.
The change of XHW-CXHW-AC in torsional stiffness due to temperature is small and the change in responsiveness is extremely small. If the unit is used under higher temperature, be careful about misalignment due to elongation or deflection of the shaft associated with thermal expansion.
Static torsional stiffness comparison (double disc-type)XHW-C XHW-AC has high static torsional stiffness and responsiveness.
Optimal for high-speed and precision positioning for servomotors, etc.