ApplicationReinforcement/repair of female threading
Equipment and device structures / General industrial machines
- A keyed female-thread reinforcing insert.
- The key mechanically locks the rotation so there is no risk of it falling out.
- With the high strength of integrated stainless steel, it is usable for firm fastening or in areas where bolts are frequently fastened and removed.
- It is ideal for reinforcing female threading in light metals, castings, resin etc., as well as for repairing damaged female threading.
- No special technique is required for insertion.
- Mounting is even easier than with coil-type inserts. Use the dedicated tool SKK（SKK）.
- Coil-type inserts and special surface treatment specifications are also available. Please contact our customer service.
- Set the key in the dedicated mounting tool hole, and screw the insert into the female thread. Diagram 1
- Remove the key from the dedicated tool hole. With the key in contact with the dedicated tool end face, drive in the key using a hand press or hammer. Diagram 2
- When projection of the key is a concern, the key can be pushed in beyond the chamfered portion by reversing the dedicated tool and driving the key in using the knurled end face. Diagram 3
- Machine to the depth specified in the dimension table, using the specified drill size. Diagram 1
- Tip the key over in the hole, break it, and remove it. Diagram 2
- Remove the insert using a commercially available bolt remover or similar. Diagram 3
- Mount a new insert following the mounting method. Diagram 4