Date Published:Jul. 08. 2016
Special Surface Hardened Screws
4 Advantages of Special Surface Hardened Screws
(1) Non-lubricated, yet does not cause seizing
- Galling and seizing are prevented by curing the screw surface using NBK's own processing technology.
- There is nothing adhering to the surface, eliminating concerns about contamination due to stripping when tightening.
- Ideal in environments where contamination must be avoided, such as in manufacturing equipment for semiconductors, FPD, food and medical areas.
- Unlike screws with untreated surfaces, for which seizing occurred in repeated use and caused breakage, special surface hardened screws are confirmed to be removable without seizing. These special screws also passed the Thread Limit Gauge after the test.
(2) Axial Force Stabilization
The special surface hardened screws ensure proper axial force through tightening torque management.
Variation in Tightening TorqueThere is minimal variation between 1 and 10 N・m as compared with screws with untreated surfaces, and small variation in torque coefficient due to repeated use.
Variation in Axial ForceThe changes in axial force are compared when repeatedly tightened at a constant tightening torque.
Axial force drops significantly, and the generated axial force is unstable when controlling screw tightening at a constant torque. High probability of failing to reach the proper axial force in repeated use.
【Special Surface Hardened Scre】
Less change in the axial force, ensuring the proper axial force through tightening torque management even after repeated use.
(3) Usable in High-Temperature Environments
Special surface hardened screws are ideal for preventing seizing in high-temperature environments.
The following test has confirmed that special surface hardened screws can be removed without seizing even at high temperatures.
For conventional screws with surface treatments, the coating may burn, causing seizing or deposition of contamination.
Conventional Surface Treated Screw (Teflon)
Special Surface Hardened Screw
- No Seizing
- No Contamination
Test method: tightening → heating (500°C/8h) → cooling (room temperature) → removal, cycle repeated 5 times
(4) No Design Change Needed
The strength and corrosion resistance of special surface hardened screws have been confirmed to be equal to that of screws with untreated surfaces.
There is no need to make significant design changes, such as size, when replacing your current product.
StrengthThe tensile strength of special surface hardened screws has been confirmed to be equal to that of screws with untreated surfaces.
Corrosion ResistanceThe corrosion resistance of special surface hardened screws has been confirmed to be maintained equivalent to that of screws with untreated surfaces.
Sample : SUS316L special surface hardened screw
Test Time : 168h
- FPD Production Equipment
- Food Machinery
- Semiconductor Production Equipment
- General Industrial Machines
Special Surface Hardened Screw Products
We recommend screws with a ventilation hole for vacuum applications such as semiconductor equipment.
●Hex Socket Head Cap Screws / Surface Hardening Treatment ＞＞SNSL-PN
●Hex socket Head Cap Screws with Ventilation Hole / Surface Hardening Treatment ＞＞SVSL-PN
Recommended Articles for You
Needs to reduce the time for setup jobs on the line【Automation / robots / motorization】
Introducing case studies where instead of using operating handles, automatic positioning is used to reduce the working time.
Description of Low Profile Screws for the Engineers
Here we introduce advantages, usage examples, lineups and the like regarding screws with lower head height than ordinary screws, referred to as "low profile screws" or "low profile cap screws" (low head, slim head).
NEW！Wireless Positioning Units
Instead of manual handle operation, our units enable automatic positioning. A transceiver can control up to 32 units simultaneously. This dramatically reduces setup work time.