NBK added new models of Auto-Positioning Units: EPU-series and it is controlled with EtherNet/IP™ and Modbus® RTU, not only CC-Link™.
A spring is built into the main body of the plunger so the ball or pin at the tip sinks into the body when a load is applied, and is returned to its former position by spring force when the load is removed.
(CC-LinkTM is Mitsubishi Electric Corporation’s, EtherNet/IP™ is ODVA’s, Modbus® is Modicon, Inc.’s registered trademark)
EPU are wired/wireless Auto-Positioning units which replace manual operation such as handles.
Some features of the EPU are as following.
- Enables automation by just replacing your currently used handles
- One transceiver can control up to 32 units simultaneously
- PLC/PC compatible, and now EtherNet/IP™，Modbus RTU® are available
- Registerable positioning patterns up to 1,000. Suitable for the applications that require multiple positions
(PC: 1000 patterns, PLC: 100 patterns, EPU210 manual operation: 11 patterns)
- Reduce the risk of setup errors, works by registering the positioning patterns with exclusive software
- IP65 compatible, Dust / Water-proof. Suitable for Food / Beverage-related equipment.
- Setup is possible via button operation on the main body without any controllers (only for EPU-210)
The following table compares the three models.
*1) With High Torque Adaptor: EOAT-200-4
*2) With High Torque Adaptor: EOAT-200-8
!) Wireless models can be sold/shipped to the US, Canada, Japan, China, South Korea and Taiwan. (EPU-100 can be shipped to the US, Canada and China)
Due to these functions, EPU has potential of automation for Food-packaging, Drink bottles, Printing/Bookbinding, Civil engineering, construction applications and more.
Please try NBK’s Auto-positioning Units to streamline your system’s automation.