Use the NBK Captive Screw Series to be comply with CE marking requirements*.
EU Machinery Directive Appendix I of the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) of the EC Directives requires that screws that secure protective and inspection covers on instruments and machines do not fall out from the cover when the cover is removed.
Excerpt from EU Machinery Directive Appendix I
- 1.4.2 Special requirements for guards
- 188.8.131.52 Fixed guards
- Fixed guards must be fixed by systems that can be opened or removed only with tools.
- Their fixing systems must remain attached to the guards or to the machinery when the guards are removed.
- Where possible, guards must be incapable of remaining in place without their fixings.
- 1.1.1 Definitions
- (f)‘ guard’ means a part of the machinery used specifically to provide protection by means of a physical barrier;
*CE marking proves that the machines, devices, and other products of manufacturers comply with EC directives. Products exported or distributed in EC member states must comply with EC directives. In order to distribute products in EU member states, products must have CE marking, which proves that they comply with EC directives.
Recommended Articles for You
Select the best screws for your needs
This page helps to select a Product based on application needs. Vacuum, Low Outgas, Clean, Chemical Resistance, High Strength, Heat Resistance, etc
CE-marked components which prevent foreign matter contamination are required 【Safety / precautionary measures】
Introducing components with a captive mechanism.
No. 8: Preventing Part Fall-out
Are you struggling with screw or washer fall-out during equipment assembly or maintenance?
Here we introduce products that can be used to prevent part fall-out.
What are Captive Screws? Introduction of the NBK Captive Series
NBK has standardized products for fall prevention of parts in the knob, pull and e-nedzi.com (special screw) categories. Use NBK's Captive Series for food machinery, packaging machinery and chemical manufacturing equipment that require CE Marking compatibility and measures against contamination.