Date Published:Mar. 28. 2014
Safety Precautions for Flanged Shaft Coupling
Be sure to read the "Safety Precautions" thoroughly prior to use for the safe use of the product.
In the case it is thought that improper handling may cause a person to die or be heavily injured.
- Be sure to attach protective covers to rotating parts, including shaft couplings. Touching the unit with hands or fingers while it is running may cause injury. However, do not seal it completely and be sure to provide sufficient ventilation.
- In order to prevent danger, always install a safety mechanism on the equipment.
- Do not turn on the equipment while installing/removing the product.
- Be sure to tighten the bolts and set screws that regulate the screw tightening torque properly using a torque screwdriver or torque wrench.
- Do not use over the maximum rotation speed.
- Do not disassemble or remodel the unit.
In the case it is thought that improper handling may cause a person to be injured or physical damage to occur.
- Do not store or use the product in environments that may adversely affect it.
- Handle the product with care. Dropping the product may result in damage. Also, work with care to prevent such injuries as back injuries during transport or dropping the unit on feet.
- The edges of the product may cause injury during installation or removal. Wear safety gear such as safety glasses and gloves, etc., when working.
- When machining a shaft hole or a key groove to a shaft coupling, do not provide a shaft hole that exceeds the maximum shaft hole diameter listed in this catalog.
- Be sure to use within the allowable value of misalignment. Using it over the allowable value may cause damage to the shaft coupling, or adversely affect the peripheral equipment.
- Do not use screws other than those specified by our company.
- For equipment with a large load fluctuation, apply adhesive to prevent screw loosening, or select a model number 1 rank higher for the shaft coupling.
- If abnormal noise or abnormal vibration occurs during operation, immediately stop operation and check for alignment, shaft interference, looseness of the screws, etc.
- Do not touch the product immediately after it stops running. It may become extremely hot, which may cause burns.
- When disposing of the product, have a specialist perform the process in order not to adversely affect the environment.